Guidelines & Official Rules
Here’s how the passport works:
Live Local Fallon Passport Page Entries will be accepted November 6, 2015 to June 30, 2016. Monthly drawings will be held for all correctly completed Page Entries turned in by the end of each month. Complete as many Page Entries as you can. All Page Entries are good for the grand prize drawings.
Collect stamps at participating events and businesses around town. For a complete list go to www.LiveLocalFallonNV.com.
A completed Page Entry requires 5 “Eat” and 10 “Shop” stamps or a large purchase over $250.
- Eat: Collect “Eat” stamps by dining at participating restaurants. You need five stamps per Page Entry. Spend $7 or more and receive a stamp. Limit 2 stamps per visit.
- Shop: Making local purchases earns “Shop” stamps. You need 10 stamps per Page Entry. Spend $10 or more to receive a stamp. Limit 2 stamps per visit.
- Bonus: Earn bonus Page Entries for large purchases. A $250-or-more purchase completes a Page Entry immediately:
$250-$499 completes a Page Entry and earns 3 bonus Page Entries;
$500-$749 completes a Page Entry and earns 5 bonus Page Entries;
$750-$999 completes a Page Entry and earns 7 bonus Page Entries;
$1,000 or more completes a Page Entry and earns 10 bonus Page Entries.
Submit your Page Entry with the bonus stamp and we will create for you the bonus Page Entries for that month’s drawing.
- Wildcard: Earn a “Wildcard Play” stamp that can substitute for any required “Shop” or “Eat” stamp by attending a community event that will be identified on LiveLocalFallonNV.com or promoted in the media as a “Live Local” event. Attending a “Live Local” event and/or obtaining a “Wildcard Play” stamp is not required to complete a Page Entry.
Tear out a completed Page Entry and drop it by the Fallon Convention Center or put a postage stamp on it and drop it in the mail. Each correctly completed Page Entry submitted by the end of the month is eligible for that month’s drawing. Monthly drawings will be held the following month.
All prizes are listed on www.LiveLocalFallonNV.com.
In July, the City will host a Grand Prize Drawing/Live Local Fallon Finale for all residents and draw from all correctly completed passport Page Entries for grand prizes.
Now go have fun in the community and remember to bring your passport. Great prizes await!
For a complete set of Official Rules visit www.LiveLocalFallonNV.com.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY BY LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE BOTH RESIDENTS OF CHURCHILL COUNTY, NEVADA AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF PARTICIPATION. DO NOT PLAY UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. BY PARTICIPATING, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY AND ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Live Local Fallon Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal U.S. residents who are both residents of Churchill County, Nevada and 18 years of age or older as of the date of participation.
- INELIGIBILITY: Employees, officers and directors of the City of Fallon (“Sponsor”) and the Marketing Arm (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings), and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the City of Fallon, 55 West Williams Avenue, Fallon, Nevada 89406.
- AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and any and all decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. Eligibility for the potential to win a prize in the Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY AND ENTRY PERIODS: The Sweepstakes runs from November 6, 2015 through June 30, 2016. To enter, participants must collect the required number of stamps from participating local businesses in the “Eat” and “Shop” categories to complete a Live Local Passport page entry (“entry”). A Wildcard “Play” stamp that can substitute for one (1) “Eat” or one (1) “Shop” stamp can be acquired by attending a community event or a designated “Live Local” event. However, a Wildcard “Play” stamp is not required to complete a page entry. Bonus entries may be awarded for major purchases. Any eligible person who has fully completed a page entry may enter the Sweepstakes by delivering or mailing their fully completed page entry to: Fallon Convention Center Live Local Fallon, 100 Campus Way, Fallon, Nevada 89406. All correctly completed page entries turned in by the last day of the month are eligible for that month’s drawing. The use of any forgery on submitted entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- MONTHLY PRIZE WINNERS SELECTIONS: All valid, fully completed page entries timely submitted by eligible participants will be entered into the corresponding monthly giveaway drawing. Monthly giveaway drawings will take place in the following month beginning in December 2015. Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agent will select, by random draw, the name(s) of the potential monthly giveaway winner(s). The odds of being selected as a monthly giveaway winner depend on the number of entries. Monthly giveaway winner(s) will be contacted via email and/or telephone and announced on the Live Local Fallon website.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE MONTHLY PRIZE WINNERS: The monthly prize winners are responsible for all applicable state and federal taxes. Sponsor has not provided, and will not provide, tax advice to the monthly prize winners. The monthly prize winners should consult a certified public accountant and/or a tax attorney to determine the tax consequences of accepting a monthly prize. By accepting the monthly prize, the monthly prize winners release Sponsor from all liability associated with the monthly prizes and agrees that Sponsor has not given the monthly prize winners any tax advice. By accepting the monthly prizes, the monthly prize winners consent to the use of the monthly prize winners’ names and likenesses for editorial, advertising and marketing purposes without additional compensation.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNERS SELECTION: All valid, fully completed page entries timely submitted by eligible participants will be entered into the grand prize giveaway drawing. The grand prize giveaway drawing will take place in July, 2016. Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agent will select, by random draw, the name of potential grand prize giveaway winners. The odds of being selected as the grand prize giveaway winner depend on the number of entries. The grand prize giveaway winners will be contacted via email and/or telephone and announced on the Live Local Fallon website.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: The grand prize winners are responsible for all applicable state and federal taxes and all licensing, insurance and registration fees. Sponsor has not provided, and will not provide, tax advice to the grand prize winners. The grand prize winners should consult a certified public accountant and/or a tax attorney to determine the tax consequences of accepting the grand prize. By accepting the grand prizes, the grand prize winners releases Sponsor from all liability associated with the grand prizes and agrees that Sponsor has not given the grand prize winners any tax advice. By accepting the grand prizes, the grand prize winners consent to the use of the grand prize winners’ name and likeness for editorial, advertising and marketing purposes without additional compensation.
- CLAIMING MONTHLY OR GRAND PRIZES: In order to claim either a monthly or grand prize, the prize winner must provide valid proof of the winner’s age, residence and eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall determine, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, what constitutes valid proof. In the event that a winner cannot or does not provide valid proof as required, or in the event that a winner refuses to accept a prize, Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agent shall select, by random draw, a new potential prize winner in the same manner as monthly prize winners and grand prize winners are selected. A prize winner that refuses to accept a prize will receive nothing. No new, different or substitute prize will be given to a prize winner that refuses to accept a prize.
- MONTHLY PRIZES: The monthly prizes for the upcoming month (including each prize’s approximate retail value) will be posted on the Live Local Fallon website prior to the start of the month. No monthly prize may be substituted for the cash value, and no other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- GRAND PRIZES: Grand prizes are to be determined. The grand prizes’ approximate retail value will be posted on the Live Local Fallon website. The grand prizes cannot be substituted for the cash value, and no other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the grand prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the grand prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- NO PURCHASE FROM SPONSOR NECESSARY: The Live Local Fallon program is sponsored by the City of Fallon to encourage local eating and shopping and to educate the community on the many positive effects that eating and shopping local have on the local community. The City of Fallon will not receive any compensation from any of the participating businesses or the individual participants of the Live Local Fallon Sweepstakes. No purchase from the City of Fallon is required to participate in the Live Local Fallon Sweepstakes. The purchases required to collect eat and shop stamps are purchases made at participating local businesses, and involve transactions in which the participant receives fair market value for the purchase. Live Local Fallon Passport books, which contain page entries, may be obtained, free of charge, from City Hall, the Fallon Chamber of Commerce or the Fallon Convention Center.